Blueberry Lemon Loaf Bread
- Dec 29, 2017
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional (Glaze): 2 tablespoons of lemon juice + ¼ cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 24 Mini Loaf Pans on a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, lemon juice, eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mix by alternating between egg mixture and milk.
- Fold lemon zest and blueberries into the batter. (Hint: Toss blueberries in a bit of flour first to help prevent blueberries from sinking)
- Pour batter into prepared Mini Loaf Pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean and golden brown in color.
- *Optional: Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely.