Cheddar Rosemary Cornbread Muffins
- Dec 29, 2017
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 springs rosemary, minced (about ½ tablespoon)
- Optional: 1-2 springs rosemary leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Arrange 8 Free-Standing Curled Baking Cups or Free-Standing Baking Cups on a baking sheet
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and rosemary.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined - Fold in the shredded cheese
- Spoon the batter evenly into your favorite WHB Baking Cups and place on cookie sheet for easy transport into and out of the oven. Sprinkle with additional rosemary leaves for garnish.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean - Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes and serve warm.