Homestyle Peach Pound Cake
- Dec 29, 2017
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Reserve ¼ cup of flour for later, and sift together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped peaches, then fold the floured peaches into the batter.
- Pour mixture into Ruffled Baking Cups
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool.