Almond Cherry Cupcakes
- Jan 11, 2017
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup Maraschino cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Milk, if needed
- Maraschino cherries with stems for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, yogurt and almond extract until smooth.
- Fold in chopped maraschino cherries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into your favorite WHB Baking Cups and place on cookie sheet for easy transport into and out of the oven
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean - Allow to cool completely and top with your favorite fall sprinkles and candy pumpkins!
- While cupcakes are cooling, beat butter for two minutes. Add almond extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If the frosting becomes too thick, add a little milk.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles and Maraschino Cherries!