1 Box White Cake Mix and ingredients on the back of box
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
4-6 tablespoons champagne
4-5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven according to the directions on the package and arrange your Welcome Home Brands Oven-Safe paper or plastic baking cups on a cookie sheet.
- Prepare and bake the cake mix according to the directions on the box but substitute the water for champagne. For example if the box calls for 2/3 cup of water than use 2/3 cup of champagne.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each one approximately ½ full.
- Bake according to suggested time- roughly 20 minutes. Please note when using Welcome Home Brands bakeware the cupcakes may bake slightly faster than the time on the box so check for doneness using a toothpick a bit early!
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting. In a mixing bowl combine butter and vegetable shortening and beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes, until smooth
- Add in the champagne, starting with less and gradually add more for stronger flavor as desired
- Add the powdered sugar to the mixture, 1 cup at a time. Continue adding powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer frosting to a large piping bag and pipe the buttercream frosting onto the cupcake. Top with gold sprinkles!